Friday, October 21, 2011

Marilyn's Blue Bow Sleeve Dress




I saw the movie ''There's no business like show business'' as a young girl and LOVED this dress. i must have rewound the VHS tape 5 times to get a look at the details and i drew it out in my note book (even then i was a total costume nut) I never got around to making it until i listed it at my Etsy shop and someone ordered it! you can not know how excited i was to finally have a reason to make this.
I finished this dress a couple weeks ago, I really love how this one turned out.
I used light blue crepe-backed satin and lined each piece in cotton. i draped the front bodice and skirt to get the darts and pleats. for the back i added a faux button placket with a zipper underneath. covered buttons down the back and a kick pleat. finally the wide bias cut collar, and the cute bow sleeves finished it all off. The dress above is a later version done in stretch Bengaline fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment